To join you can contact us by email for further details on:
email@example.com or call us on 020 7922 7753
Membership is £80 (or £40 for those who earn less than £18,000 per year), You can pay by standing order, bank transfer or send us a cheque.
A Standing Order saves having to renew your subscription each year. We can send you a standing order form (by email or post) to complete and post back to us (as this does require an actual signature).
Membership of the A.P.P. includes:
Subscription to the quarterly journal Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, PLUS online access to all back issues
- Regular events that are tailored to advancing the application of psychoanalytic ideas across a wide range of NHS settings. Members typically pay a third of the ticket price paid by non-members
- Our annual research lecture and AGM. See events.
- Our newsletter covering important developments in NHS mental health provision
- Special interest networks, including for those working with Children and Families, Primary Care, Older age and our new support network for LGBT psychoanalytic psychotherapists, jointly sponsored by a range of psychoanalytic organisations
- Our annual joint case study prize worth £1500, open to psychoanalytic psychotherapists who work with adults, adolescents and children, in conjunction with the Association of Child Psychotherapists
These are some of the individual benefits of APP membership. Importantly, though, it is the collegial support of a like-minded community of practice that APP provides, as well as our crucial work defending and campaigning for the value and relevance of psychoanalytic ways of working in today’s NHS, for example, with NICE, NHS England, and the Department of Health and Social Care. Your support through membership enables us to continue this work. Most members pay their membership fee by annual standing order.